Return to Work Program
The Salvation Army Haven is committed to matching qualified veterans with your organizations individual staffing needs. Thanks to the rigorous and excellent training that our service members receive, our veterans are well positioned to offer America's employers a workforce who are uniquely skilled.
Why hire a Veteran? Veterans are good for the bottom line!
We are successful in helping organizations build their workforce because we:
- Gain a thorough understanding of your organizations culture and structure
- Conduct in-depth screening for specific job and skill requirements
- Refer only the most qualified veterans for each position
- Offer assistance in obtaining state and federal tax credits.
Military Veterans Offer:
- Advanced Team-building Skills
- Diversity and Inclusion in Action
- Strong Organizational Commitment
- Efficient Performance Under Pressure
- Respect for Procedures Adept at Skills Transfer Across Contexts
- Exhibit High Levels of Resiliency
The Return to Work Program is a veteran-centered employment program designed to provide veterans with a customized approach to career development.
OUR ARRAY OF SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Assessments to determine career interests, strengths and talents
- Assistance with overcoming barriers to employment
- Resume development, interview skills training and job search strategies
- Individualized in-depth job search
- Connection with training and housing resources
- Pre-employment counseling and supportive services
- Post-employment coaching and supportive services
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THESE SERVICES?
- Be a veteran who was not dishonorably discharged
- Unemployed or under-employed
- Low or unstable income