Media Resource Center
The Salvation Army is at work 365 days a year in over 120 countries. Here in the United States, The Salvation Army has a presence in more than 1,400 communities. For media, this means a variety of opportunities to localize news. Every division and territory throughout the U.S. has media relations staff available to assist you.
Whether you're covering disaster relief for Southern California wildfires or want to know more about feeding the Southland's hungry, sheltering the homeless or mentoring at-risk children, you've come to the right place.
The Salvation Army Southern California Division maintains a Marketing and Public Relations department to serve the needs of local and national media. We are committed to keeping the media informed through alerting, advising and providing timely communication concerning the important year-round activities of The Salvation Army in Southern California. We can also facilitate the provision of experts in a variety of social service fields including:
- Emergency Disaster Relief (immediate relief for wildfires, storms, earthquakes, and other natural or man-made calamities)
- Family Services (clothing, food, lodging, transportation, seasonal assistance)
- Housing Services (low-income families affected by HIV/AIDS, veterans, homeless individuals and families, transitional housing for those recovering from substance abuse)
- Recovery Services (substance abuse recovery programs, counseling, spiritual care, life skills and job readiness classes)
Senior Citizens (housing for low income seniors, adult day care for those suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementia, depression, loneliness, Parkinson's or other special needs)
- Youth Services (day cares, youth/community centers and camps to help provide at-risk children with academic, recreational and enrichment activities)
If you have any questions about The Salvation Army regarding our programs, success stories, statistics or our specialists in the field and communities we serve, please contact:
Media Relations & Communications Director
The Salvation Army, Southern California Division